Housing and Social Services Department Notice of Funding Availability State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP)
The Housing and Social Services Department (“HSS”) of the City of North Miami (“City”) hereby notifies the public of the availability of the State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (“SHIP”) funding for its fiscal year (“FY”) 2023-2024 allocated by the State through the Florida Housing Finance Corporation.
The City is an entitlement recipient of the SHIP program and has received an allocation of $442,834.00 for FY 2023-2024. A portion of this allocation as listed below is designated by the City to assist low- to moderate-income qualified families with repairs for their homes, prospective homebuyers with assistance to purchase homes as well as to eligible tenants to remain in their units.
Owner-Occupied Home Rehabilitation Program $280,000.00
Rehabilitation funding will be made available to owners of single-family residential units including townhomes and condos in need of repairs and who meet the program’s income eligibility criteria and occupancy requirements. The maximum assistance is up to $40,000.00 per unit.
First-Time Homebuyer Program $80,000.00
Down payment and/or closing costs funding assistance will be made available to prospective homebuyers who meet the program’s income eligibility criteria and will be purchasing a dwelling unit within the City of North Miami. The maximum assistance is up to $40,000.00 per purchase.
Tenant-Based Rental Assistance $38,551.00
Rental funding assistance will be made available to residents and will assist eligible tenant households with rent deposits, eviction prevention, and rent subsidies for a period not to exceed three (3) months or a maximum of $5,000 per household.
Program Administration $44,283.00
Administration funding is set aside to coordinate, monitor, and implement the programs and to ensure all related SHIP criteria are met.
Space is limited to 16 eligible applicants for the three programs combined
Registration for the FY 2023-2024 state-funded housing programs will begin on October 1st, 2023, through October 31st, 2023.
Only completed applications are accepted along with the required documents. Applicants will be pre-qualified and selected through a lottery process at a date to be announced by the HSS department. Of the funding provided, a minimum of twenty (20) percent must be used to serve persons with special needs as defined in F.S. 420.0004(13). Priority will be given to persons with developmental disabilities, as defined in F.S. 393.063, with an emphasis on home modification, including technological enhancements and devices, which will allow homeowners to remain independent in their own homes and maintain ownership.
Where to Apply
Interested applicants can visit the City website at www.northmiamifl.gov/216/Housing-Social-Services to download an application or obtain a copy at the HSS office at 12300 NE 8th Avenue, North Miami, Florida 33161 beginning October 1st, 2023 through October 31st, 2023 and during regular business hours, Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please feel free to contact the HSS Department at (305) 893-6511 Ext. 20000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible, your home must be owner-occupied as the “primary homesteaded residence”, have no current Federal, State, and/or City liens, AND must meet the income eligibility criteria. The SHIP Program, in accordance with the provisions of F.S. 760.20- 760.37 does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, age, sex, marital status, familial status, national origin, or handicap in the application process for eligible housing assistance.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE AMERICAN WITH DISABILITIES ACT OF 1990, THIS AD AND DOCUMENTS LISTED CAN BE REQUESTED IN AN ALTERNATE FORMAT. AUXILIARY AIDS OR SERVICES WILL BE PROVIDED UPON REQUEST WITH AT LEAST THREE DAYS NOTICE.
City of North Miami State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP) Annual Reports - FY 2020-2021, 2021-2022 and 2022-2023
The City of North Miami (“City”), as required under the State Housing Initiatives Partnership (“SHIP”) Program, has prepared its annual reports for activities accomplished during Fiscal Year 2022-2023.
Members of the public are welcome to provide oral or written comments on the reports. The annual reports will be available for review and comment from September 1, 2023, until September 8, 2023, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the following locations:
|City of North Miami, City Hall|
776 NE 125th Street
North Miami, Florida, 33161
|Housing and Social Services Office|
12300 NE 8th Avenue
North Miami, Florida, 33161
Written comments may be submitted via email at email@example.com or mail to: Housing & Social Services Office, 12300 NE 8th Avenue, North Miami, Florida 33161. For additional questions, please contact City’s SHIP Administrator, Tommie Frison at (305) 893-6511, Ext. 20004.
Housing & Social Services
City of North Miam
- RFP For CDBG Public Services Grant FY2023-2024 (PDF)
- AHAC Public Virtual Meeting 07-12-2023 (PDF)
- North Miami FY 2023-2024 Annual Action Plan Public Meeting Notice Revised (PDF)
- NMFY 2023-2024 Annual Action Plan Public Commenting Period (PDF)
- AHAC Public Virtual Meeting 05-10-2023 (PDF)
- North Miami FY 2023-2024 Annual Action Plan Public Meeting Notice (PDF)
- AHAC Public Virtual Meeting 03-08-2023 (PDF)
- Affordable Housing Advisory Committee (AHAC) (PDF)
- FY 2021-2022 CAPER (PDF)
- Summary and Notice for Public Comment on FY21-22 Action Plan Amendment (PDF)
- 2022-2023 NOFA AD for SHIP Allocation
- SHIP Annual Report FY 19-20, 20-21 and 21-22 (PDF)
- RFP CDBG Public Services - CBOs FY22-23
- North Miami FY 2022-2023 Annual Action Plan Public Meeting Notice (PDF)
- North Miami HOME-ARP NOFA Public Meeting Notice (PDF)
- North Miami HOME-ARP Allocation Plan Public Comment Period (PDF)
- 04-13-2022 Public Disclosure of Neighborhood Stabilization Program (PDF)
- 03-14-2022 Public Disclosure of Neighborhood Stabilization Program (PDF)
- FY 2020-2021 CAPER (PDF)
- FY 2021-2022 AAP Public Services Awards (PDF)
- SHIP Annual Report 19-20 (PDF)
- Action Plan FY 2021-2022 30 Day Commenting Period Revised (PDF)
- PN FY 2019 2020 CAPER
- 2021 Affordable Housing Programs CDBG HOME (PDF)
- 06 02 2021 Public Disclosure of Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation Program (PDF)
- 2021 Affordable Housing Programs SHIP (PDF)
- 03 22 2021 CDBG Notice of Funding Availability (PDF)
- Public Disclosure Conflict of Interest Miller (PDF)
- CBO RFP for Public Services North Miami FY 2021-2021
- 12 28 2020 FY 2020-2021 Annual Action Plan Allocation Adjustment (PDF)
- 11 30 2020 Notice Funding Availability Housing Department (PDF)
- 09 25 2020 NoMi Hot Meals Notice Extension (PDF)
- 07 19 2020 CDBG HOME - 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan Program Years - 2020-2021 Annual Action Plan (PDF)
- 07 13 2020 Request For Proposal For Mental Health Assistance Program (Application Extended) (PDF)
- 06 22 2020 Emergency Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program (ETBRA) (PDF)
- 06 22 2020 Summary Notice Public Comment 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 Action Plan Amendment (PDF)
- 06 22 2020 Housing and Social Services Department (Mental Health) (PDF)
- 05 20 2020 Emergency Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program (ETBRA) (PDF)
- 05 20 2020 Housing Social Services Department (PDF)
- 05 03 2020 Amendment to City Participation Plan (PDF)