The Social Services Division is dedicated to the following:
- Create an environment where individuals can learn, grow, and be satisfied
- Enhance the overall well-being of clients and the community
- Increase prevention efforts and protect people in need of care by delivering services in a practical manner regardless of race, ethnicity, income level, sexual orientation, or special needs
The division is to provide hope, support, and responsive referral services to our clients. It is our vision to move people and families toward quality human and social services, therefore, empowering them to meet their basic human needs.
A one-time emergency utility assistance pilot program to provide emergency utility assistance to qualified residents funded by customer and corporate donations, non-profit agencies and city employee donations. We will refer clients to the third party proposed by the City of North Miami or to other agencies that have similar assistance.
A one-time assistance program that helps low and moderate-income energy individuals and families with utility payment assistance.
Financial Literacy is the ability to use knowledge and skills to manage financial resources effectively for a lifetime of financial well-being. We want to supply residents with a set of skills and knowledge that enables a person to settle on educated and powerful decisions through their understanding of finances.
To do this we have a free workshop, offered once a year, the Financial Fitness Workshops (PDF). We partner with Expert Resource Center to bring you this amazing opportunity.
Free Smoke Alarm Installation
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue’s Free Smoke Alarm Installation Program can help keep you safe in your home. Ten-year lithium battery operated alarms will be provided and installed, at no cost, to qualified Miami-Dade County homeowners upon request.
In order to obtain your free smoke alarms, you must live in Miami-Dade County and meet one of the following criteria:
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Each household serviced must be occupied by at least one resident age 14 or younger, or at least one resident age 65 or older
- Low-income or disabled
Fill out the application (PDF) and then bring it to the following facility:
- Register at North Miami Police Sub Station - Community Planning and Development Department, Social Services Office:
13753 NW 7 Avenue
North Miami, FL 33168
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday beginning November 26, 2018
9 am to 4:30 pm
We assist individuals with a number of applications including SNAP, SSI, SSDI, TPS, and SSDI. For more information on our services and how we may be able to assist you, please contact the Social Services Division at 305-895-4074.