July 14, 2023
The City of North Miami in partnership with the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) is thrilled to announce the launch of the highly anticipated Freebee, an innovative and convenient transportation solution to improve connectivity and accessibility throughout the city. This service will revolutionize commuting experiences for residents and visitors alike, offering a sustainable and efficient mode of transportation.
As a resident-focused municipality, we understand the importance of seamless mobility and ensuring user satisfaction. Introducing our Free Car Service demonstrates our commitment to innovation and improving the overall transportation landscape.
The Free Car Service is a fleet of electric vehicles designed to offer complimentary transportation to our residents and guests of our city. Whether they need a ride to and from our facilities or require assistance with transportation during their visit, our courteous and professional drivers will be readily available to provide a comfortable and convenient journey.
Key Features of Freebee:
- Personalized On-Demand Service: Freebee offers users the convenience of on-demand transportation, allowing them to book a ride through the user-friendly mobile app, available for both iOS and Android platforms.
- Efficient and Flexible: Freebee provides quick and hassle-free rides within predefined service areas, ensuring passengers reach their destinations promptly while optimizing routes for maximum efficiency.
- Sustainable Mobility: Freebee prioritizes sustainability by operating a fleet of electric vehicles, contributing to reduced greenhouse gas emissions, and promoting eco-friendly transportation alternatives.
- The City of North Miami launches a FREE, on-demand, 100% electric transport service in partnership with Freebee.
- Aims to bridge local mobility gap, mitigate traffic, and ease parking strain.
- Enhances transportation accessibility and convenience for residents and visitors in North Miami.
- Supports local businesses and provides convenient doorstep pickup.
- The service area covers major spots in North Miami, including Claude Pepper Park and the Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Past implementations show increased economic growth, reduced traffic, and lower carbon emissions. Supports the city's commitment to environmental sustainability by utilizing 100% electric vehicles.
- Users can access rides through the Ride Freebee mobile app or by calling 855.918.3733
- Service operates from Monday to Thursday, 8 am to 7 pm; Fridays, from 8 am to 9 pm; Saturdays, from 10 am to 9 pm; and Sundays, from 10 am to 6 pm.
How to use the app?
- Download the Ride Freebee mobile app from the App Store or Google Play store (Accessible for both iOS and Android devices)
- Search for "Ride Freebee" in the respective app store.
- Click on the app and select "Download" or "Install."
- Once the app is downloaded, open the app on your smartphone to begin the registration process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create an account and provide the necessary information.
- After successful registration, you can start using the app to request rides and explore the available destinations in the City of North Miami.
If you do not have a smartphone or would like to request additional accessibility accommodation, please call 855-918-3733.
Sa'Vanna D. Smith, Communications Officer I
305-893-6511, Ext. 12156
About the City of North Miami
North Miami is a suburban city located in northeast Miami-Dade County, Florida. It is roughly 10 miles (16 km) north of Miami. The city lies on Biscayne Bay which surrounds the Biscayne Bay Campus of Florida International University. North Miami is home to a diverse demographic of residents. With more than 64,000 residents, North Miami is the sixth largest city in Miami-Dade County. We are home to the Oleta River State Park; the largest urban park in the Florida State Park System and the nationally accredited Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA North Miami).