March 12, 2020
Florida and Miami-Dade County are under a health emergency declared by both the Governor and Miami-Dade County Mayor. The city of North Miami is following the latest guidance from the CDC, World Health Organization (WHO) and Florida Department of Health (DOH) regarding prevention measures for coronavirus. The North Miami Division of Emergency Management is currently monitoring the worldwide pandemic and would like to inform the public of the following:
- City of North Miami administrative offices will remain open but will implement a rotating skeleton crew for non-essential and at-risk individuals, effective Monday, March 16th, to ensure business is operating as usual.
- In an abundance of caution, the city of North Miami is canceling all special events and City supported events until further notice.
- The North Miami Public Library, located at 835 NE 132 Street, will close on Friday, March 13th, until further notice. Early voting and Tuesday’s primary election at the library will not be impacted.
- All North Miami Public Library and Museum of Contemporary Art programs, activities, and events have been canceled effective Friday, March 13th, until further notice.
- All City sponsored senior citizen and adult programming is canceled until further notice.
- All youth programs administered by the Parks and Recreation Department will follow the lead of Miami-Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS). If schools are closed, our programs will be canceled. These programs include:
- After School Program at Joe Celestin Center and Griffing Community Center
- All Youth Sports – Both practices & games at Claude Pepper Park, Ben Franklin, Cagni Park, Keystone Park, and Joe Celestin Center
- Swimming Lessons at Thomas Sasso Pool
- Sensory Nature Walk at Enchanted Forest Elaine Gordon Park
- Private City facility rentals will continue as scheduled. In the event a private rental customer (non-city sponsored rentals, which include HOAs meetings) would like to cancel, they may opt for a refund or reschedule on another available date.
- The North Miami Customer Service Center located at 811 NE 125 Street, will remain open, but residents are encouraged to use online resources.
Individuals in Miami-Dade County who believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should call the Florida Department of Health at 305-324-2400. If you have a medical provider, call them. If traveling to a medical office or facility, call ahead. For questions about COVID-19 in Florida, please call the Florida Department of Health at 1-866-779-6121. For a medical emergency, call 911.
Price Gouging Hotlines:
Miami-Dade State Attorney Price Gouging Hotline: 305-547-3300
State Attorney General Price Gouging Hotline: 1-866-966-7226
Miami-Dade County Public Schools Hotline: 305-995-3000
North Miami Residents should stay tuned to local television and radio advisories, NoMi TV-77, (North Miami’s Municipal Cable Channel). Follow the City on social media for preventive tips and updates; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more information about coronavirus, please visit www.northmiamifl.gov.