March 13, 2020
On Friday, March 13, 2020, Interim City Manager, Arthur H. Sorey, III, declared a state of emergency for the city of North Miami. The city of North Miami is following the latest guidance from the CDC, World Health Organization (WHO) and Florida Department of Health (DOH) regarding prevention measures for coronavirus. The North Miami Division of Emergency Management is currently monitoring the worldwide pandemic and would like to inform the public of the following:
- Effective immediately, all public meetings, including the regularly scheduled council meeting on March 24, are canceled.
- All youth programs administered by the Parks and Recreation Department and the Museum of Contemporary Art are canceled beginning Monday, March 16th. We will continue to follow the lead of Miami-Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS).
- Effective immediately, all private City facility rentals have been canceled for the next 30 days. Please call 305-895-9840 for a refund or to reschedule on another available date.
- All Police Athletic League (PAL) programs have been canceled until further notice.
- All city related travel has been canceled.
- City of North Miami administrative offices will remain open with restricted access. A rotating skeleton crew will be implemented effective Monday, March 16th, to maintain usual business operations.
- In an abundance of caution, the city of North Miami is canceling all special events and City supported events until further notice.
- The North Miami Public Library, located at 835 NE 132 Street, is close until further notice. Early voting and Tuesday’s primary election at the library will not be impacted.
- All North Miami Public Library and Museum of Contemporary Art programs, activities, and events are canceled until further notice.
- All City sponsored senior citizen and adult programming is canceled until further notice.
- The North Miami Customer Service Center located at 811 NE 125 Street, will remain open with restricted access; but residents are encouraged to use online resources.
- North Miami employees can access information specific to City operations by calling the Employee Information Hotline at 305-895-9804.
Individuals in Miami-Dade County who believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19 should call the Florida Department of Health at 305-324-2400. If you have a medical provider, call them. If traveling to a medical office or facility, call ahead. For questions about COVID-19 in Florida, please call the Florida Department of Health at 1-866-779-6121. For a medical emergency, call 911.
Price Gouging Hotlines:
Miami-Dade State Attorney Price Gouging Hotline: 305-547-3300
State Attorney General Price Gouging Hotline: 1-866-966-7226
Miami-Dade County Public Schools Hotline: 305-995-3000
North Miami Residents should stay tuned to local television and radio advisories, NoMi TV-77, (North Miami’s Municipal Cable Channel) or contact the 24-hour automated information line at 305-891-INFO (4636). Follow the City on social media for preventive tips and updates; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. For more information about coronavirus, please visit www.northmiamifl.gov.