Youth Opportunity Board
- 6:00 pm
- 2nd Wednesday of every month
- Council Chamber
776 NE 125 Street
North Miami, FL 33161
|Member||Appointed By||Appointed||Term Ending|
|Louis Presume||Vice Mayor Estimé-Irvin||02-09-2021||05-23-2023|
|Vacant||Vice Mayor Estimé-Irvin||N/A||N/A|
Members; appointment, term, quorum, officers; role of city manager's office.
Youth opportunity board consisting of eleven (11) members.
- Each member of the city council shall nominate two (2) members of the youth opportunity board, with one nomination to be at-large and appointed by a majority vote of the council. Four (4) of the members shall be in middle school or high school. Two (2) of these four (4) members shall be the President or Vice President of the student government at a North Miami high school. Each nominee shall be subject to the approval of a majority of the city council. Each member shall hold office until the second Tuesday in June of the odd-numbered year next following appointment, members to serve at the pleasure of the council. All terms shall begin and end at noon on the date indicated. The council member who originally nominated a board member vacating office by resignation or otherwise shall nominate a successor to serve out the unexpired term. The successor nominee shall be subject to approval by a majority of the city council.
- Six (6) members of the board shall constitute a quorum for the transaction of business. During the first September meeting of each year, the board shall elect one (I) of their members to act as chair, one (I) as co-chair and one (I) as corresponding secretary.
About the Board
The Youth Opportunity Board, established by the following ordinances reviews, studies and sponsors educational, recreational and cultural activities for youth in North Miami:
- Ordinance 1354 on March 26, 2013
- Ordinance 1133 on March 25, 2003
- Ordinance 1126 on March 25, 2003
- Ordinance 1021 on August 24, 1999
- Ordinance 720.5 on May 26, 1981
- Ordinance 720.4 on April 13, 1976
- Ordinance 720.2 on October 12, 1971
- Ordinance 720.1 on September 14, 1971
- Ordinance 720 on September 22, 1970