- Boards & Commissions
- Museum of Contemporary Art Board of Trustees
Museum of Contemporary Art Board of Trustees
|Member||Appointed by||Appointed Date||Term Ending|
|Dr. Laurinus Larry Pierre||Councilman Galvin||04-11-2023||04-11-2027|
|William M. Lehman, Jr., Chairman||Councilman Galvin||04-13-2021||04-13-2025|
|Dr. Rudolph Moise||Councilman Charles||04-11-2023||04-11-2027|
|Dr. Laura P. Alonso-Gallo||MOCA Board|
|Christopher Carter||MOCA Board|
|Akiva Gross||MOCA Board|
|Peggy Hollander||MOCA Board|
|Jared Margolis||MOCA Board|
|Cherrie Nanninga||MOCA Board|
|Marc Napolitano||MOCA Board|
|Sebastian Scemla||MOCA Board|
- There is established a board of trustees of the North Miami Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) which shall consist of a minimum of eleven (11) members and a maximum of thirty (30) members and one (1) ex officio member from the staff of the city. The city staff member shall be designated by the city council.
- The board of trustees' nominating committee may present one (I) name as a nominee for each available seat on the board to the board for selection, to fill vacancies from time to time.
- The term of office for the board of trustees shall be as follows:
- All members serving on the board as of the effective date hereof(October 25, 1994) shall continue to serve until their term expires. Appointments shall be made to fill any expired term for a term of four ( 4) years.
- In the event of the removal or resignation of a member of the board of trustees, the nominating committee of the board shall recommend one (1) name for the position to the board of trustees for selection by majority vote for the remainder of the unexpired term.
- Any member may be removed by a majority of the city council for cause. The board of trustees shall be given the opportunity to express their agreement or disagreement, before such removal vote occurs. Any member may be removed by a majority vote of the board of trustees without cause.
About the Board
Resolution 2015-37 (PDF) on March 24, 2015, of the Mayor and City Council of the City of North Miami, Florida, appointing Board of Trustee Members to the Museum of Contemporary Art, Inc. In accordance with Chapter 2, Article 3 of the City of North Miami Code of Ordinances; providing for an effective date and for all other purposes. Amended by Ordinance 1354 (PDF) on March 26, 2013.