Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
- 6:00 pm
- 2nd Tuesday every quarter
- Council Chambers
776 NE 125 Street
North Miami, FL 33161
|Member||Appointed By||Appointed Date||Term Ending|
- This board shall consist of eleven members, with the mayor to appoint three (3) members and city councilmembers to each appoint two (2) members with the following qualifications:
- One (1) citizen who is actively engaged in the residential home building industry in connection with affordable housing;
- One (1) citizen who is actively engaged in the banking or mortgage banking industry in connection with affordable housing;
- One (1) citizen who is a representative of those areas of labor actively engaged in home building in connection with affordable housing;
- One (1) citizen who is actively engaged as an advocate for low-income persons in connection with affordable housing;
- One (1) citizen who is actively engaged as a for-profit provider of affordable housing;
- One (1) citizen who is actively engaged as a not-for-profit provider of affordable housing;
- One (1) citizen who is actively engaged as a real estate professional in connection with affordable housing;
- One (1) citizen who actively serves on the local planning agency pursuant to F.S. § 163.3174;
- One (1) citizen who resides within the jurisdiction of the city;
- One (1) citizen who represents employers within the jurisdiction; and
- One (1) person who represents essential services personnel, as defined in the local housing assistance plan adopted by the city.
- In the event there is no eligible candidate actively engaged in activities in connection with affordable housing, a citizen engaged in the activity without regard to affordable housing may be appointed.
Each appointed member's term shall be coterminous with the appointing city council member's term of office.
The appointment of members for this committee is defined in Section 420.9076 of the Florida Statutes and per city Resolution, R-2008-78, on June 24, 2008.
About the Committee
The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee, established by Ordinance 1254 (PDF) on April 22, 2008; amended by Ordinance 1369 (PDF) on April 8, 2014, will review established policies, procedures, ordinances, land development regulations, and adopted local government comprehensive plan and will recommend specific actions or initiatives to encourage or facilitate affordable housing while protecting the ability of the property to appreciate in value.