- Boards & Commissions
- Floodplain Management Planning Committee
Floodplain Management Planning Committee
- Meet as necessary
- Council Chamber
776 NE 125 Street
North Miami, FL 33161
|Member||Appointed By||Term Ending|
|Vacant||Greater North Miami Chamber of Commerce||N/A|
|Vacant||Iron Manor/Central Homeowners Association||N/A|
Flood Officer/CRS Coordinator
Risk Management Analyst
Section 2. Membership: qualifications; terms.
The Committee shall consist of seven (7) members. Four (4) of the members shall be City personnel appointed by the City Manager. Three of the members shall reside within the City's floodplain and be appointed as follows:
- a representative of the Greater North Miami Chamber of Commerce,
- a representative of the Keystone Point Homeowners Association
- a representative of the Iron Manor/Central Homeowners Association.
- One of the City personnel members shall have an urban planning degree or have land use planning, zoning, community planning or urban renewal experience. Members shall be appointed for terms expiring upon adoption of the Floodplain Management Plan by the City Council.
Section 3. Organization: quorum; voting; rules of procedures.
The members of the Committee shall designate from its members a Chairman, a Vice-Chairman, and a Secretary. Four ( 4) members of the Committee shall constitute a quorum. No action shall be taken except by a majority vote of those present at a duly constituted meeting of the Committee.
About the Committee
The Floodplain Management Planning Committee, established by Resolution 99-28 on April 27, 1999; extending the existence by Resolution R-2000-18 on February 22, 2000; Resolution R-2009-164 on December 8, 2009; makes recommendations for Floodplain Planning for the City, in conjunction with the City’s National Flood Insurance Program CRS requirements. This committee monitors implementation and conducts an annual review of the City’s Floodplain Management Plan and Public Outreach Strategy.