The State of Florida requires every municipality to develop a Comprehensive Plan that includes an inventory of current conditions; identifies long-range needs and desired goals and; includes policies by which to achieve these goals.
The City of North Miami 2036 Comprehensive Plan outlines our community’s collective future vision, while also:
- Serving as a guide for residents, businesses, and public officials for the desired overall growth and redevelopment;
- Forming the basis for administering the land development regulations and for making reasonable decisions on development and rezoning applications;
- Promoting innovative, sustainable, and green development and redevelopment practices;
- Ensuring the continuity of long-range economic development, planning, and capital improvement policies and programs;
- Assisting the City in applying for state and federal grant programs;
- Preserving the aesthetic and natural character of North Miami; and
- Promoting the safety, prosperity, health, and aesthetics of our residents.