About the Utility Billing

All City services - water, sewer, storm water, garbage and recycling are charged on one utility bill. For customers billed quarterly, water meters are read approximately every ninety days. Your utility bill reflects services for the previous time period and is due upon receipt. You will receive your bill approximately the same time each billing cycle.

If you do not receive your utility bill, or you have any questions please call Utility Billing Customer Service at 305-895-9880.

Give Notice for Service Needs

It is recommended that customers give the City notice at least two business days in advance for any service needs. If you are moving, it is important to maintain access to your meters for any accurate final reading. It is also important that you provide a forwarding address for the final bill.

High Consumption

If you receive an unusually high water bill, there are a few things you should do before calling the City. Check your water meter for movement on the dial. If all the faucets are shut off and it is spinning, chances are there is a leak. Look for running toilets, leaky faucets and fixtures, or leaking sprinkler systems.


After verifying any possible leaks, contact the Utility Operation Center at 305-895-9838. If you have city related water issue after hours (flood, burst pipes, backflow problems, etc) call the Winson Water Plant at 305-953-2854 or 305-953-2857 (TDD).

Water Quality Safety

Good water quality is important in North Miami. To protect it, the City requires backflow prevention devices. They keep unsafe water from mixing with the potable water supply. Backflow prevention devices must be installed on all commercial and multifamily residential structures, as well as residential irrigation systems, fire sprinkler systems, and other systems where drinking water could become contaminated.

Water Line Leaks

Water is a valuable natural resource that should not be wasted. Everyone can do their part to make sure that water is not lost by leaks in the pipes. The Public Works Department has a program that inspects the water lines within the public rights-of-way throughout the year. If you notice a puddle of water in the public right-of-way, that seems to never go away; or experience low water pressure, please notify the Water and Sewer Division at 305-895-9838 to request an inspection. If you notice a puddle of water on your private property, please contact your plumber.

Water & Sewer Repairs

If you are having a toilet backup or if your residential or commercial backflow device is leaking, you should call the Public Works Department Water and Sewer Division at 305-895-9838. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4 pm. For emergencies after hours and or on weekends, you will need to call 305-953-2854.

The City will repair all leaks occurring between the meter and the street. Any leaks or repairs required beyond the meter, including the service line to the house, are the responsibility of the property owner.

Sewer Stoppages

The Public Works Sewer Maintenance Division maintains sanitary sewer lines for both residential and commercial properties. Residents are urged to refrain from disposing cooking grease and large objects into the sewer system. Should you have a blockage, experience sluggish drains in your house or business or notice an overflow in front of your property call the Public Works Department Water and Sewer Division at 305-895-9838. If your sewer backs up after 4 pm Monday through Friday, or on weekends, call 305-953-2854 (Winsor Water Treatment Plant).

For additional information visit Think Before You Flush - The Dirty Dozen.