View the benefits offered to employees:
- Cafeteria Plan: The City offers Flexible Savings Accounts for reimbursement of medical and day care expenses through “pre-tax” dollars.
- Deferred Compensation: Optional employee contribution to 457 Deferred Compensation Plans offered through ICMA and VALIC.
- Direct Deposit: Mandatory participation
- Disability Insurance: Optional coverage available
- Employee Assistance Trust Fund: A trust fund set up by the City of North Miami to assist employees who are faces with unforeseen emergencies. Participation is on a volunteer basis.
- Group Health/Dental/Vision Insurance: HMO, point of service and dependent coverage is available
- Holidays: Paid holidays plus employee’s birthday, two Floating/Personal Holidays
- Life Insurance: One times employee’s gross annual salary. Dependent coverage is available.
- Merit Increase: Full time employees are eligible for an annual merit increase.
- On-The-Job Injury Benefits: Worker's Compensation and Supplemental Pay Benefits, when applicable
- Pension: (General Employees) Mandatory participation. Defined benefit plan/Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Pension: (Sworn Police Personnel) Mandatory participation. Defined benefit plan/Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Probational Period: One year with a six-month, performance evaluation, Evaluations done annually thereafter
- Salary: Paid on a weekly basis for the previous work week
- Sick Leave: Ten days per year; after three years, 11 days; after five years, 12 days. Accumulation starts on date of hire. There is a three-month waiting period for using sick time.
- Vacation: Two weeks per year; after five years, three weeks; after fifteen years, four weeks. Accumulation starts on date of hire. There is a six-month waiting period for using vacation time.