- Vendor Registration
- Vendor Guide
- Solicitation Notices
- Local Preference
- Vendor Visitation
- Emergency Management
In order to do business with the City of North Miami, the following requirements must be met:
- All prospective vendors, including but not limited to, Corporations, Fictitious Names (d/b/a), Limited Liability Corporations (LLC), Limited Partnerships (LP), Non-Profits, and Foreign Corporations must be registered with the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations (DOC) when required to by the State. Registration status with the DOC can be checked at Sunbiz website.
- Review the City’s Vendor Guide (PDF)
- Complete the City’s Vendor Registration and IRS W9 Form (PDF). Please review the Commodity Codes Listing (PDF) to identify the appropriate commodity codes for the goods and/or services your company offers.
- Submit your completed Vendor Registration Form (PDF) by e-mail, mail or in-person to the Purchasing Department..
Please note that registrations are not processed until all requested information is received.
Changes to Your Vendor Registration
Any request to update information for a vendor’s profile including, but not limited to, change in company name, address, contact information, commodity codes and corporate structure must be submitted directly to the Purchasing Department.
Vendor Guide - How to do Business with the City of North Miami
The Purchasing Department has created a guide (PDF) summarizing the City’s procurement procedures. We hope this information is helpful in your business experience with the City. This is not intended to be a complete statement of the City’s entire purchasing practices and requirements.
The City of North Miami Procurement Ordinance describes the rules and regulations used in the operation of the Purchasing Department and details the duties, functions and authority of the Purchasing Department. The City of North Miami Procurement Ordinance is available for review online on the Municode Website.
Prohibition on Use of Expanded Polystyrene and Single-Use Plastic Beverage Straws
City contractors and special event permittees shall not sell, use, provide in, or offer the use of expanded polystyrene food service articles or single-use plastic beverage straws in City facilities or on City properties. City contractors shall not sell or use expanded polystyrene or single-use plastic beverage straws within the City or while completing their duties to the City under contract.
Please refer to Section 7-201 of the Procurement Code for additional information.
All of the City's formal Solicitation notices are advertised on the City's website, the Daily Business Review and on DemandStar.
The City utilizes DemandStar to better connect with vendors regarding bidding opportunities. DemandStar Free Agency offers a free notification service of solicitations issued by the City of North Miami. At a minimal cost, vendors have the option to download bids from DemandStar. Along with DemandStar, the City posts all advertised bids on the City's website. Downloads from the City's website are at no cost.
Registration with DemandStar is available online. For additional information about DemandStar services please call 866-273-1863.
The evaluation of competitive bids is subject to Section 7-151 of the City Code which, except where contrary to federal and state law, or any other funding source requirements, provides that a preference of 10% of the total evaluation points or 10% of the total bid price shall be given to local businesses.
To satisfy this requirement, the Solicitation Respondent must submit contract forms A-3 and A-6 (if applicable) with their submittal to receive local preference. Failure to submit the required documentation will render the Respondent ineligible for local preference.
To satisfy this requirement, the vendor shall affirm in writing that it meets the following requirements:
- Business must be located in the City of North Miami (City) with a current city business tax receipt and certificate of use issued at least twelve (12) months prior to the City’s issuance of the Solicitation AND;
- Business must have a physical business location/address located within the City’s limits, in an area zoned for the conduct of such business, from which the vendor operates or performs business on a day-to-day basis, that is a substantial component of the goods or services being offered to the City AND;
- Business must certify in writing and provide all required documentation supporting its compliance with the foregoing at the time of submitting its bid or proposal by signing and notarizing this form.
Alternatively, a business who subcontracts at least twenty (20) percent of the contractual amount of a City project with subcontractors who meet the above listed criteria is deemed a Local Business for award of preference in accordance with Section 7-151 of the City of North Miami Code of Ordinances. The prime Bidder/Respondent must also submit Contract Form A-6 with their submittal, along with this form.
Please review our Local Preference Ordinance (PDF) to get complete details
When seeking to do business with the City of Miami, the Purchasing Department should be your first point of contact. Unscheduled visits to individual departments are discouraged and may be counter-productive.
Though not required, appointments are the preferred method for acquainting the Purchasing staff with your business and will help you to complete your business with a minimum of lost opportunity. We suggest that initial visits be somewhat general, giving us an introduction to you and your product lines.
Subsequent visits are ideal opportunities to explain in detail a single item or service that you provide. Line and business cards, catalogs, and price lists are always helpful.
The Purchasing Department maintains a comprehensive list of vendors for emergency management. If you are interested in providing services to the City in the event of a hurricane or disaster, please submit the following information about your company via email to the Purchasing Department:
- Business name
- Type of service(s)
- Phone number
- Fax number
Provide us information for contracts with other governmental entities or municipalities for post hurricane goods and/or services that you have.