- Vendor Registration
- Vendor Guide
- Solicitation Notices
- Local Preference
- Vendor Visitation
- Emergency Management
In order to do business with the City of North Miami:
- All vendors, including but not limited to, corporations, fictitious names (d/b/a), LLC, LP, non-profits, and foreign corporations must be registered with the Florida Department of State Division of Corporations when required to by the State. You can check your status online at the Sunbiz website.
- Complete the City's Vendor Registration and IRS W9 Form (PDF).
- Provide the Commodity Codes (PDF) for the services your company offers.
- Local Vendors must include a copy of their North Miami Business Tax Receipt in order to be indentified as a local business.
- Submit your completed Vendor Registration Form (PDF) by Email, Mail or in-person.
Please note, registrations are not processed until all requested information is received.
Changes to Your Vendor Registration
You must notify the Purchasing Department in writing of any change to the information provided on your original Vendor Registration Form, i.e, a change in your company name, a change in your payment or order processing address, and/or a change in your phone number(s).
The city has created a guide (PDF) for vendor's. Please review the document to understand "How to do business with the City of North Miami."
All of the City's formal Solicitation notices are advertised on the City's website, the Daily Business Review and on DemandStar.
The City utilizes DemandStar to better connect with vendors regarding bidding opportunities. DemandStar Free Agency offers a free notification service of solicitations issued by the City of North Miami. At a minimal cost, vendors have the option to download bids from DemandStar. Along with DemandStar, the City posts all advertised bids on the City's website. Downloads from the City's website are at no cost.
Registration with DemandStar is available online. For additional information about DemandStar services please call 866-273-1863.
The evaluation of competitive bids is subject to Section 7-151 of the City Code which, except where contrary to federal and state law, or any other funding source requirements, provides that a preference of 10% of the total evaluation points or 10% of the total bid price shall be given to local businesses.
To satisfy this requirement, the Solicitation Respondent must submit contract forms A-3 and A-3(a) (if applicable) with their submittal to receive local preference. Failure to submit the required documentation will render the Respondent ineligible for local preference. At least two of the following criteria must be met in order to qualify for local preference:
- A business has at least 10% of its total workforce residing in the City prior to the City's issuance of the solicitation for supplies or services
- A business that is located in the City of North Miami (City) with a current business tax receipt issued prior to the City's issuance for supplies or services
- A business that subcontracts at least 10% of the contractual amount of a City project with subcontractors who are physically located within the City
Please review our Local Preference Ordinance (PDF) to get complete details
When seeking to do business with the City of Miami, the Purchasing Department should be your first point of contact. Unscheduled visits to individual departments are discouraged and may be counter-productive.
Though not required, appointments are the preferred method for acquainting the Purchasing staff with your business and will help you to complete your business with a minimum of lost opportunity. We suggest that initial visits be somewhat general, giving us an introduction to you and your product lines.
Subsequent visits are ideal opportunities to explain in detail a single item or service that you provide. Line and business cards, catalogs, and price lists are always helpful.
The Purchasing Department maintains a comprehensive list of vendors for emergency management. If you are interested in providing services to the City in the event of a hurricane or disaster, please submit the following information about your company via email to the Purchasing Department:
- Business name
- Type of service(s)
- Phone number
- Fax number
Provide us information for contracts with other governmental entities or municipalities for post hurricane goods and/or services that you have.