Meeting Room Policy & Agreement
Use of Library facilities is limited to:
- Programs sponsored by the Library
- Programs co-sponsored by the Library
- Programs of educational, cultural, or recreational interest which complement the Library’s mission and aims.
Such usage of Library facilities does not imply Library endorsement of the aims, policies or activities of any individual or group.
All bookings are subject to the following regulations:
- All bookings must be open to the public, no exceptions.
- No meeting shall be held after Library hours, no exceptions.
- Meetings are to be held during regular Library hours and meetings shall end no later than 7:45PM Monday-Thursday and 4:45PM on Fridays & Saturdays.
- All groups or individuals are subject to pay room rental fees, NO EXCEPTIONS. See page 3 for room fees.
- Cash, checks, and money orders are the only acceptable payments. Checks should be payable to North Miami Public Library.
- Bookings are made on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Bookings shall be made no later than 3 weeks prior of the requested date, no exceptions will be made.
- No bookings will be made more than three or more months in advanced.
- No regularly recurring meetings/bookings or programs (daily, weekly, monthly, bi monthly) shall be held in the library.
- No attendance fees may be charged nor collections taken or sales made. However, only library related fund-raising activities are allowed.
- Refreshments are only allowed in the Board Room or Multi-Purpose Room.
- Meetings will not be booked without a signed meeting room policy and payment is made.
- The library may not be used for personal or private profit, aggrandizement or advertising. Private for profit organizations or individuals are prohibited from disseminating promotional materials, business cards, taking attendance, registering patrons requiring the purchase of materials or making referrals to a private for profit entity. Non-profit organizations are permitted to disseminate promotional materials once approved by the library’s program coordinator or library director.
- A copy of this signed Meeting Room Policy and completed application for Use of Library Facilities must be submitted and approved by the Programs Coordinator.
- Any individual or group using the library facility is responsible for any item or equipment brought into the library by the individual or group. The Library is not responsible for loss or damage to exhibits, special equipment, supplies, or other materials brought on the premises by the individual or group. Individuals or groups are responsible for arranging the room to suit their meeting needs.
- Library shall not be used for meetings or programs that involve partisan politics or sectarian/denominational religion or for the purposed of a press conference or other media events.
- Library premises, facilities, and equipment are to be left in the same condition in which they were found. Any trash generated during the program is to be disposed of in proper containers.
- Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the Library
- Cancellations should be made at the earliest opportunity but at least one week in advance for a 95% refund, two days in advance for a 50% refund, and one day in advance for a 10% refund. No refund will be made if cancellation is made the day of the event.
Maximum Occupancy per Room & Fee Schedule
|Multi-Purpose Room||100 persons or less: varies by room set up||$125 for the first hour and $50 for each additional hour|
|Multi-Purpose Room Half||40 persons or less: varies by room set up||$75 for the first hour and $25 for each additional hour|
|Board Room||15 persons||$25 for the first hour and $10 for each additional hour|
|Large Meeting Room||25 persons||$25 for the first hour and $10 for each additional hour|