The North Miami Public Library is reopening to public on Monday, September 14, 2020
Modified Hours: Monday trough Friday 11 am to 5 pm
New Health and Safety Procedure
- Reduced occupancy limits as mandated by the state and county, to ensure social distancing.
- Amount of open seating areas and computers are now limited.
- Hand sanitizer dispensing stations are located at both library entrances. Visitors will be asked to apply hand sanitizer upon entering the building.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn at all times.
- Staff will take all take temperatures of all visitors.
- Plexiglas shields are now installed at the service desk
- Cleaning and disinfecting of service desks, computer stations, tables and other high touch point areas take place throughout the day after each use.
- Upon return, books are quarantined for 72 hours before going back into circulation.
- Library Card Applications
- Checking-out books
- Computer Access (Great for accessing information about economic and social assistance programs, job searches, completing the 2020 Census, Mail-In Ballot Request forms and more)
- Printing and Copying
- Wi-Fi Access
- In-person Reference Service and Assistance
- Phone Reference Services, from 9 am – 5 pm
- Continued Curbside Services, from 9 am – 5 pm
- Virtual Resources: Access to e-books, e-audio books, downloadable music and movies, and numerous other digital resources also make it possible for patrons to enjoy using the library from the comfort of their homes and other remote locations.
Programs and Events
All on-site library programs and events remain suspended until further notice. Patrons of all ages have the opportunity to enjoy a variety of virtual programs and storytimes, available at the North Miami Public Library’s Facebook page and YouTube channel.
Virtual Celebrity Storytime
Jessica Wolland – Jabari Jumps
Celebrating Children’s Day/Book Day with North Miami City Clerk
Vanessa Joseph, Esq.
|The Very Hungry Caterpillar||The Wonderful Feast|
|Cat’s Cradle||The Bossy Gallito|
To serve the entirety of North Miami’s diverse community by providing free and open access to information and technology, while fostering independent lifelong learning, personal growth and development, intellectual stimulation, cultural enrichment, and a love of reading.
Code of Conduct
In order to maintain an appropriate atmosphere conducive to accomplishing the Library’s mission, the Library has a Code of Conduct. A copy is available on request.
Like us on Facebook!