TROPICAL STORM ISSAC - North Miami Advisory #2
North Miami, FL – 8/26/2012
10:00 a.m. – The City of North Miami would like to inform the public of the
following in preparation the effects of Tropical Storm Isaac:
- The City of North Miami has activated its Emergency
Operation Center. To reach the North Miami EOC to report a
city-related urgent matter or for additional questions, please call the City
Hall main line at 305-893-6511.
- Status updates on city operations will also be made available
at 305-891-INFO (305-891-4636).
- DO NOT TRIM TREES at this time. Tree
trimmings can become dangerous projectiles and the North Miami Public Works
Department will not have the time or resources to schedule additional garbage or
trash pick-ups throughout the city.
- A determination regarding City operations for Monday,
August 27, 2012 will be made after 12 noon today.
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools are closed on Monday, August
- Miami-Dade County has called for the evacuation of mobile
homes and low lying areas. They have opened three shelters, the closest to our
- North Dade, the shelter is located at Dr. Michael Krop Senior High School,
1410 NE 215th street (Please note that this shelter is the only pet-friendly
shelter open in the County.)
- By this time, basic wind storm preparations should have
already been made. They include:
- All residents and business owners are to secure all loose
- Construction materials are to be secured by guying and
shuring. Sheds must be tied down.
- All dumpsters and port-o-lets must either be removed from the
City of North Miami or securely covered and tied down.
- Catch basins: Residents living near catch basins (stormwater
drains) are strongly encouraged to clear them of leaves and other debris.
- For regularly updated information, please contact the City of
North Miami at 305-891-4636. For city-related issues that need immediate
attention, please contact the North Miami Emergency Operations Center at
North Miami Residents should stay tuned to local television and
radio advisories. Further details can be found by calling Miami-Dade County at
3-1-1. For other storm-related information, please visit www.northmiamifl.gov/hurricane or www.miamidade.gov/emergency.