Community Planning and Development - Economic Development
|12400 NE 8 Avenue
North Miami, FL 33161
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Danuzio Lima - Economic Development Specialist
Assists in the relocation and/or expansion of businesses in North Miami by providing demographic and market data about the city, information on available space for lease, land for sale, as well as providing incentives to businesses through its Business Assistance Programs.
Welcome to North Miami
One of the most distinguished cities of South Florida and the sixth largest city in Miami-Dade County, the City of North Miami is an outstanding place in which to live and conduct business. A historically rich and culturally diverse community established in early 1900's, North Miami offers its residents and businesses unique advantages:
- A Central and Privileged Location
- A Sizeable Market Area
- A Dynamic & Prosperous Business Community
- A Place in which to Live and have Fun
- A Center of Education and Culture
- A Diverse Community that Looks Like the Future
If you are seeking an exciting community that offers an excellent quality of life, unbounded economic opportunities, and friendly and generous neighbors, come to North Miami.
A Central and Privileged Location
The City of North Miami is strategically located between Miami and Fort Lauderdale. It is served by an excellent transportation network making it easily accessible from Interstate 95, US Highway 1, the Florida Turnpike, West Dixie Highway, and the US Highway 441. North Miami is less than a 30-minute drive from Florida's two major airports - Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International and Miami International, the twelfth busiest airport in the United States for total passengers. It is also in close proximity to the Port of Miami and Port Everglades, both important gateways to major national and international markets.
- Strategically located hallway between Miami and Fort Lauderdale.
- Excellent access to both Miami-Dade and Broward products, services, and labor markets via Interstate 95, US #441, US #1/Biscayne Boulevard, the Florida Turnpike, and the Gratigny Expressway.
- Access to the beaches from the 1-95 exit at 125th Street from both North and South.
- Fast and convenient intra and inter city travel.
- The Florida Fast Coast Railway runs through the heart of the City's Industrial District.
- The projected long-term expansion of the Metro-Rail north along the rail corridor will place North Miami at the center of the Tri-County Rail System.
- North Miami is less than a 30-minute drive from Miami International Airport, the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, the Port Everglades and the Port of Miami.
- Average daily temperature : 75° (Local weather)
- Average annual rainfall : 58.9"
For additional information on the City's economic development efforts please access www.nomibiz.com.